Polar Bear Tournament

Stump bumper

Looking at the snow this morning got me to thinking about the polar bear on the 1st and have not heard anyone talking about it this year. Is anyone looking forward to it this year? Looks like the winter is here early but then again it could be 70 and bluebird by that time.

I always think it is a lot more in the spirt of the tournament when it is below freezing and the snow is flying a little on that day.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Looking at the snow this morning got me to thinking about the polar bear on the 1st and have not heard anyone talking about it this year. Is anyone looking forward to it this year? Looks like the winter is here early but then again it could be 70 and bluebird by that time.

I always think it is a lot more in the spirt of the tournament when it is below freezing and the snow is flying a little on that day.

Planning on it and would love for it to be as windy and cold as last year!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little tip from what I saw this past weekend. I was floating around Praire creek chasing the bait with serveral other striper fishermen and I noticed that everyone was catching more BIG blacks then stripers. I also saw a lot of BASS boats huging the shore and finding it hard to get a keeper.

Shad seemed to hanging around 35ft but when they started breaking toward the 10ft level in 50-60 ft of water that is where the big blacks started hitting the live bait. We didn't see a lot of fish on the locator just walls of shad that raised in peaks instead of the normal straight line.

Wish I would have had a spoon or jerkbait to see how many blacks I could have boated but we were looking for big stripers.

Best of luck to all those brave enough to get out there.

Thanks for the tip, Stump Bumper. We're going Christmas Day and will make a decision on whether to donate the week after based on those results.

ClassActionTransparent.png

Thanks for the tip, Stump Bumper. We're going Christmas Day and will make a decision on whether to donate the week after based on those results.

So how did it go, really nice day but bluebird day probally made fishing a little slow I am guessing?? Did you find your pattern?

Donate Donate.. the more boats on the water the more the birds are stirred up lol... I will be easy to spot Im going overboard and putting out the whole spread just for giggles... Oh beware coots those dang birds still are getting ran over they just wont get up this year for some reason.

So how did it go, really nice day but bluebird day probally made fishing a little slow I am guessing?? Did you find your pattern?

Changed our mind at the last minute and went to Eucha instead. Been catching 40 or better a day over there and Sunday we managed about 35 despite the bluebird skies and no wind. Would take me a week to catch that many at Beaver.

ClassActionTransparent.png