Off Season Camping

JONBOY

Another option is the Country (maybe countryside) Inn in Licking right at the junction of 63 about 15 minutes from Montauk. Rooms are $50 a night and they are clean and usually have plenty available. I think the motel in the park runs about $70 a night.

or reeds cabins right outside the park, they have a few cabins open during the winter, plus I dont know about countryside inn but I do know (correct me if I am wrong) that most of montauks cabins do not have a stove microwave fridge ect. in them and reeds has all of that.

TrIzzout

I think the Country Inn is the old Tarry Inn I was talking about and it is only about 15 to 20 min away from Montauk at the Junction of 63 and something. Licking has a good grocery store, a bar, several good places to eat, and they are all good and cheap.

The rooms at the park are a little pricey for my blood, but it is an option. Reeds cabins are more for groups than for a single traveler wanting to catch a fish. If I was in a group of 4 guys, Reeds cabins or one of the cabins at the park or the condos on the hill would be a better solution.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson