Shoal Creek Watercraft

karnivore

• Members

Hello fellow anglers...

I'm a noob to this site, and am looking for a boat of some sort to fish SWMO this year. I've floated a few times, but have borrowed boats from friends, but haven't really tried fishing & floating. I have waded around a little here in the area...but really want to get in and on the water this year. SO...I've looked at several angling kayaks since I'll typically be going solo, but would appreciate any input you'd be willing to give as far as the type of craft I'd need. I figured I'd post here since I'm in the Joplin area and it seems a lot of posters here are from around there. Shoal is a place I've wanted to float but haven't had the chance yet...

It seems I always start dreaming of getting on the water around this time of year...the warmer temps and mild winter (thus far!) have made it even worse! Have really enjoyed this site for the last few days...just watching from a distance thus far...

thanks fellas...

nate

Well be careful of which part of Shoal you float, there's a landowner down there who's not too receptive to folks floating his stretch of the "creek".. Called the law on us!

Good luck.

cricket.c21.com

Just an update, that is still in court.

For me personally, I would either look at a solo canoe or regular (16-17ft) canoe. Stay away from aluminum.

Academy in Joplin will be reopening this Friday. I am planing on making a trip up there. If you would like, meet me there and we can saunder on over to the boat section and we can discuss some of the finer points of what makes a good Ozark river craft.

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

Just an update, that is still in court.

What all has happened so far? Have you had much communication with anyone?

Are you at liberty to discuss such matters?

I have spent most of my money on fly fishing and beer. The rest I just wasted.

xfcakj.jpg

The latest Trout Commander blog post: Niangua River Six Pack

What all has happened so far? Have you had much communication with anyone?

Are you at liberty to discuss such matters?

I hired my lawyer, in what July or there abouts, he went to court in my place and spoke with the prosecutor. Told me he would let me know when I needed to show up. I finally went back to his office in mid Nov to see what was going on since I had not heard a word. He said they have wrote to the prosecutor on numerous occasions regarding this matter. No response.

Isn't there some law about a speedy trial????

Did I mention my last name is Prater?

Kidding...

Chief, I'd definitely be interested in looking over some boats with you, let me know when you'll be there!

PM me your number and I'll give you a holler Friday night.

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

Did I mention my last name is Prater?

Kidding...

Chief, I'd definitely be interested in looking over some boats with you, let me know when you'll be there!

Hehehe. That's funny. Your gonna fit right in around here.

A Little Rain Won't Hurt Them Fish.....They're Already Wet!!

Visit my website at..

Ozark Trout Runners

gallery4a082cb0bdef6.jpg

hey Chief, that doesn't surprise me about the speed of that case. When I lived in St. Charles I got a ticket for something and had to keep showing up in court over and over until finally my lawyer told the judge the police officer who wrote the ticket needs to appear as well or dismiss the case. The judge finally dropped the case becasue the officer never showed up for court for his side of the story. Hey, I might see you up there. I am planning to go after work just to check it out and maybe buy some more plastics for this summer.

"you can always beat the keeper, but you can never beat the post"

There are only three things in life that are certain : death, taxes, and the wind blowing at Capps Creek!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I bought a Jackson Coosa Kayak last year and sure enjoy it on the rivers and pits. 2 position seat, plenty of onboard storage, great stability and maneuverablity in tight areas. Plus its plenty light to put in just about anywhere. As a sit-on, it can be a little cool this time of year. Great dealer at Lewis and Clark Outfitters in Bentonville.