Tying Video: Galloup's Sex Dungeon

Brian Wise

Hey Guys,

Next up, the Sex Dungeon. We caught more big fish on this pattern in the last year than I would have ever believed. My favorite big fish pattern....period.

Hope you guys enjoy....

p.s. I had never poked my finger twice while tying any one fly at a time....until I shot this video.

I kind of forgot to show the materials on the rear hook so here is the whole pattern:

Rear Hook:

Hook: Gamakatsu B10s #2 (VERY SHARP as you see in the video)

Tail: Marabou

Hackle: Schlappen

Body: Marabou (SO much easier and quicker)

Rubber Legs: Sili Legs

Articulation Point: Beadalon

Spacer: Glass Beads

Front Hook:

Hook: TMC 8089NP #2 (VERY SHARP as you see in the video)

Hackle: Schlappen

Body: Cactus Chenille

Eyes: Pre-Painted Dumbell (because who wants to paint eyes :) )

Head: Deer Hair

Head trimmed with a flexible razor blade.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job.

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

Like it a lot! Difference between you and me as I have never NOT poked myself twice when tying a big streamer like that. After a while you get used to it, but people think you shoot heroin through your fingers which in my opinion is pretty tough.

"The problem with a politician’s quote on Facebook is you don’t know whether or not they really said it." –Abraham Lincoln

Tales of an Ozark Campground Proprietor

Dead Drift Fly Shop

Nice bloody video. I hate deer hair though.

I hated it too....and I still can't work with it very well but I knew I needed to MAKE myself mess with it. I have replaced the deer hair in the Dungeon with wool but it loses almost all of that really good Dungeon movement in the water so....back to deer hair.

Way to take for the team Brian.

I have to wonder for smallmouth fishing if trimming the dear hair is even needed.

It would probably float if you didn't trim it.

What a novice...poking yourself. That's something I'd do.

In the screen-capture of the video where there is a speck of blood on my thumb....you can actually see a spot on my thumb that is almost healed up. I literally threaded my thumb with a B10s. I have no idea how I did it without sticking it all the way through my thumb because it had a 1/2 inch of skin threaded and right back through in no time.....such a rookie, I know. :)