Semi Industrial Dubbing Blender (Video Attached)

Well Im pleased with myself now! Someone mentioned to me using compressed air to blend dubbing and there was a video but they were using a little can of compressed air in a bag to mix fur.... it was a little to "small and weak" for my liking. So after several bag blow outs using an air compressor, I rigged up this giant crouton container and BOOM!!! Big time batches of dubbing in minuets. Now if this works on plastic canvas yarn I'm set. that test tomorrow.

so what i did was cut a grid into the container to support the filter then slathered the inside with silicone and then worked a patch of old underware over the grid and made sure all the edges were siliconed down. Then poked an air tight hole in the lid for the nozzle of my air gun. some heat from a blow dryer and couple hours later.... Dubbing by the cubic foot!

This was 1/2 inch sections of Red Heart yarn...2 min under the gun and nearly perfect separation.

The Blender

IMG_8825-1.jpg

Blender with Fresh Product

IMG_8821.jpg

Some Perspective

IMG_8823-1.jpg

Missouriflies.com Online Carp Fly Store :)

Chris,

You need to do a video showing this process in action. You know, show the cut up yarn as you're adding it to the cannister (before and after) and show the whole process. It would make for a nice tutorial. :)

DaddyO

We all make decisions; but, in the end, our decisions make us.

Chris,

You need to do a video showing this process in action. You know, show the cut up yarn as you're adding it to the cannister (before and after) and show the whole process. It would make for a nice tutorial. :)

will do!

Very cool. Kind of a "Tim the Toolman Taylor" way of doing what I do....a ziplock bag and canned air.

Brian, if that was your video I saw, or you are the originator of this method then you deserve alot of credit for the construction of this device. I'd pm'ed Stu Thompson at warmfly and he mentioned something about air, I searche around and found a vid(i think there are a few out there), wasn't happy with aparant force or size...made two bags that blew out then hit the right combo. To each his own, "mine" is not necessarily better than anyone elese's method. I was just pleased with myself and stoked on the results.

HA! I wanted to add more Shaggy Dub (tiny rubber legs) and a little Ice Dub to my Wiggle Dub so I just threw them together in the same little ziplock bag that the Wiggle Dub comes in...stuck the little straw in the bag and POOF the stuff went everywhere. :) It was actually hilarious.... I felt like Elmer Fudd after Bugs Bunny bent his shotgun barrel around.

I had never thought about using a jar of any kind, makes MUCH more sense!