OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
catman70

Last minute gift idea

If you are looking for a last minute gift idea for anyone who loves the outdoors there is a book by the name of "I Fish; Therefore I Am" by Patrick McManus. It's a compilation of several short stories and is really three books in one. It's a great read and will have you laughing out loud - I promise.

ill have to check that out thanks for the info catman

Hey Russ- did you notice I added your home waters to the forum??

Just did notice, I wished I could be of some help. It has been years since I have fished them. I used to fish them all the time. Grand Lake just got to crazy. 80 mph bass boats, and so many water skiers, you spent more time cursing than you did fishing. Felt like rush hour in NYC. Sure have caught alot of crappie in those waters. Brings back some good fishing memories with dad and friends. I will do my best to get as much information on whats going on. I can also tell you of old haunts I used to fish.

Pat McManus did write for Field and Stream (I think he still does from time to time). Pat has compiled a number of books referring to his adventures with the outdoors. I have read many of them, including "I fish, therfore I am" and have enjoyed every one.

Definitely perfect bathroom reading.

jOrOb