OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Idylwilde

Opening Day Montauk State Park

It was 31 degrees at 6:30 AM and 1586 anglers were standing in the Current River at the Starting Gun. This was kind of a slow opening compared to others over the years ( for the weather forecasted 70 degrees. ) We had more than that with 14" of snow on the ground.

post-9725-0-63238200-1330612886_thumb.jp

Holy cow! I have a crew of buddies heading down to Reeds in late April. Can we expect crowds like that?

No offense, buy I don't actually see the point of fishing shoulder to shoulder with 1500+ guys.

I thought trout fishing was something of a purists sport? That picture makes trout fishing look down right crammed!

LOL!!! In April you guy's will it pretty much to yourself during the week and the weekends are not bad.What this is is OPENING DAY! It's always crazy on that day.

It's one of my more favorate places to go. It's great for family get aways. It's at the end of the road and you don't have everyone driving thru just looking around. Fun!!