3-09-12

Got to the parking lot right as they blew the horn to shut the water down. Geared up while the water was dropping and walked over for a look, the green moss or whatever it is, is taking over. Big difference in a couple of weeks since I was last there. Son in laws brother, who has never flyfished, was with us. A little midge activity was going on so it was midges we tied on. Kind of slow with a fish here and there but fishing got better as the day went on. I was trying a few different midges but have found a certain few always work better. No more color experimenting. Later in the day we started seeing more march browns so eventually it was a march brown dry only with all three of us getting hookups and misses. I usually go with the dry/dropper combo but in really mossy places I took of the dropper, some places I left it on at about 8". It was a good day for all three of us, but catching the fish on the dry was the best. Midges, pheasant tail nymph and march brown dry was what worked for us. Nice coloring and spots made this a picture worthy fish.

post-12512-0-03884200-1331392172_thumb.j

Okiemountaineer