OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Champ

Catching Walley

I would like to catch some walleye this weekend and I hear Bull Shoals is the place to be.

I am in Branson, but am willing to drive to almost anywhere on the lake that I will have the best shot at catching them.

I would appreciate any tips on location, rigs, bait, fishing style to catch walleye.

I will be fishing from a boat.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Champ ican't help you much as i only fish for them at night with lights & do a little trolling in the spring.

You might scroll down this page to June 11th k-dock report last post by willi

he did real well but that was in theodoia area., but it might be helpfull most of the wally fisher are pretty tight lipped around here & alot of them fish the banks below my house at the damm wich can be real good at times.

Hope this help's you in some way if you do go please post a report back one way or the other unless your one of them tight lipped people who dont like to give info me i try to help if i can had people show me ways so i try to return the favorif i can .

9-7=2 + it's a great big lake room for all.ha ha :)

It has been a while since I have been out to BS. Probably at least a month. We did catch some walleyes around the Mincy Flats trolling crankbaits in 20-30ft of water then. Things have probably changed since then but it would not be a bad place to start. Good luck.

Ended up not going.

Didn't want to run into any storms running through the area on Sat AM.

I'll plan for another weekend. Probably stop at some local bait shops to get more info.

I'm not an expert at walleye, but at Stockton lake I second it, good lake to try. Around the State park boat launch cove is a good place to troll rapalas or wiggle warts I've caught a few walleye doing that. Course you catch white bass, crappie, etc...

Stockton has a big population of walleye. Around the dam and the 215 bridge is good.

Is it that pole framed building in front of that house? If it has the minnow variety that Bob's had it should do alright.