Ned Rig Video

dtrs5kprs

Put a little video up covering the basics of the Ned Rig. Had a lot of Q's about it in my reports. Stick it on some 6# line and try it. Way less goofy than flinging the A-Rig at them.

If anyone has Q's not covered, feel free to ask or PM me. If I can't answer them, Ned can for sure.

Great job there Dave!:-).......For anyone who has not yet tried this setup; you're really missing out. It's about as simple

As it gets, and catches tons of keepers

Too. Don't be fooled by the small size......this is one bad little bait!:-).......Dave was kind enough to turn me onto this rig a while back, and it really does a heckuva job down on the rock!

-

I agree that the zeros and zinkers seem to produce better than other senko style baits. I can't help but think the super soft plastic fools the fish to hang on just a pinch longer......typically, needed for me to catch 'em!.:-)

Very well done! Spread the knowledge.

Very cool and thanks for the vid! Do you fish this on a spinning or a bait caster? I am assuming spin since this is a finesse presentation.

Do you dead stick this or drag slowly or??

I live in Nebraska and I think that I may give this a try this weekend

Crazy4fishin
A Cornhusker

Very cool and thanks for the vid! Do you fish this on a spinning or a bait caster? I am assuming spin since this is a finesse presentation.

Do you dead stick this or drag slowly or??

I live in Nebraska and I think that I may give this a try this weekend

Should work great up there and in IA lakes. Fish it on a 6'6" to 7' spinning rod, six pound fluoro. Yes to both on the retrieves...deadstick, swim and shake, drag, drag and shake, straight swim. Just play with it to see what they want. Up there you may want the 1/32oz heads, especially if you have some grass in the lake. A crappie ball head will work fine.

Have the other video loading now, but it is slow going. Until then check out Ned's blog at InFisherman. Enough detail there to make my interpretation look weak.

http://www.in-fisher...ned-kehde/blog/

This one is up...shows the little bait attached to Larry Largemouth.

Okay - so I tried the Ned rig at Mozingo this last saturday and it did a fine job - but I didnt rig it quite like the video.

When I got out on the water I found that i hadnt taken any jig heads and all that I had was a couple of wacky rigs....so I cut the senko and used the weedless wacky rig and it worked.

Any way I was pretty darn impressed - I rigged it on a spinning rig and dropped the rig along submerged trees and the like.

Thanks for introducing something new - at least to me!

Crazy4fishin
A Cornhusker

Okay - so I tried the Ned rig at Mozingo this last saturday and it did a fine job - but I didnt rig it quite like the video.

When I got out on the water I found that i hadnt taken any jig heads and all that I had was a couple of wacky rigs....so I cut the senko and used the weedless wacky rig and it worked.

Any way I was pretty darn impressed - I rigged it on a spinning rig and dropped the rig along submerged trees and the like.

Thanks for introducing something new - at least to me!

Glad to hear you tried it at Moz. Have a friend who is using it there in the In2It tmts (spelling?).