OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil Lilley

2012 Kids Day At Montauk

Montauk-Kids-Day-2012-d.jpg

Darrell Bentley was nice enough to go out and get a few interviews for us at Kids Day today at the park. Pretty cool!! Take a listen to one young man who caught 3 trout on his first time to Kid's day.

http://www.ozarkanglers.com/montauk/2012/05/05/kids-day-at-montauk-state-park/

Think they release a few...I didnt see any, but a proud dad at the lodge was telling me about his 6-7 year old son's 3.5lb er. We had 8 kids between 3-7 on the water on Saturday. We didnt race to the buzzer...Got there at 10:30 or so...and they all lasted till noon. The all caught or reeled in at least one before they were ready for their hot dogs,soda pop, bike rides and playground time. Fun weekend!

This has been the only year in the last bunch that I have not made it down to help Tom and the staff with kids day because I had to work :( Its a great time and its amazing to see the smiles on the kids faces and their parents too. We are fortunate to have such great staff with the MDC, the parks and the volunteers. I remember kids days when I was little and it feels great to be able to give back and help these young kids make memories that last a lifetime! Glad to hear it was a success again!