How To Purify The Water Of The Eleven Point River For Drinking?

MaxDrown

with a 8ft water table your water probably doesnt come out of the ground at a refreshing 56 degrees I bet. I feel for all you people on city water.

everything in this post is purely opinion and is said to annoy you.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with a 8ft water table your water probably doesnt come out of the ground at a refreshing 56 degrees I bet. I feel for all you people on city water.

Don't feel bad for me. I run my "city" water through a pur drip filter for drinking and the only difference I can see is that I don't have a tank bladder to replace eventually, or a casing, or a pump that will cost an arm and a leg to replace.

Been there and done that and I'll pass.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

. I feel for all you people on city water.

The government is using your water to control your mind!

"The problem with a politician’s quote on Facebook is you don’t know whether or not they really said it." –Abraham Lincoln

Tales of an Ozark Campground Proprietor

Dead Drift Fly Shop

Flouride Mandrake!

We are blessed with an abundance of free flowing water in this State..but never trust it..Some trash filled sink hole 40 miles away can be feeding your spring. Its the nature or Karst geology.....If its not purified...steri pen, pump....tabs....probably isnt gonna kill you but dont drink it straight. Make some river tea at least...heat water...add a tea ball with some earl gray...let it roll...serve with a good splash of Bushmills. Recipe courtesy of Hank Reifess.

Why the hell would you do that to some perfectly good Bushmill's?

John

• Members

I bought a Katadyn three stage purifier for like $60. Fill up the bottle and drink for 240 times or something before you have to change the filter, and it has a counter on it every time the lid is unscrewed.

I don't use it as my primary watersource, but its a backup in case I run out of water on a trip. The way they advertise this thing is that I can dip it in the truck stop toilet after Large Marge left a doody in there and its safe to drink.

Bad thing about these purifiers is they are slow to get water out. You couldn't keep a whole troop hydrated with one of them in hot weather.

However they make bigger ones that are meant to be used as a clean water source for a base camp. I'd really look into getting one of those.

Heres one you can pump at 1 qt per minute that you can use to fill their canteens.

http://www.cabelas.c...80;cat104324580

You could probably make this one work as well to do the same thing.

http://www.cabelas.c...80;cat104324580

I would make sure to have a backup plan though and bring some emergency tablets along. There's nothing more threatening than running out of drinking water on long trip when its hot out.