Derby Dealings

laker67

I too am well acquainted with this person’s quest for angling notoriety. The story is sad and pathetic; I would very much like to hear details of the arrest.

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974

I too am well acquainted with this person’s quest for angling notoriety. The story is sad and pathetic; I would very much like to hear details of the arrest.

Not sure if the arrest held up due to that ruling I mentioned before. But I do not know that for a fact. Sheds a dim light on anything that he may have accomplished fair and square.

Oh, I’m sorry I overlooked that part of your comment, too bad he couldn’t be used as an example.

I don’t’ know much about the Rose Holland Derby other than avoiding the area every year that weekend. Is this a carry dead fish around on a stringer contest? I would think that kind of derby would be limited to children? is it a charity event?

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974

I too have known TS a long time and heard about the 2 fish in late Sept. from a fishing buddy who also does taxidermy work. He questioned the story as he saw the fish and said they appeared to be partially frozen and his fish tale had some major " if's" in it.Like 10-pointer, I fish the park quite a bit and haven't seen a lot of big fish at any of the parks this year.Susie and I went Sunday afernoon on the Rose Holland Derby and this is when we heard the story. We talked to people in the Lodge,the Supertindent and even the new Park Ranger and they all were pretty much in disbelief on how this whole deal went done.On a different note there are a lot of browns in the campground area in the 14-18" range that are showing off their fall spawning colors. Trees are showing enough color to make it a good fall trip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just curious as to what type of vehicle said person drives. About a month or so ago after fishing outside of the park my buddy and I ended the day fishing in the park for the last hour or so. We went from the fly only area to the pool by the cemetery. as we were rapping up a guy pulled over and asked us if we wanted a 10 lb trout to tell our buddies we had caught it, we declined. He said he had already caught a 10 lber that day.