New Fly Shop In Springfield

Nighthawk

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped by this afternoon and talked with Jim, one of the owners. Really nice guy, seems excited to be here. The store is really taking shape, lots of nice rods, reels, and tons of tying stuff.

"Sometimes it seems like such a hard life, but there's good times around the bend. The rollercoaster's gotta roll to the bottom if ya wanna climb to the top again."

Hope everyone in the area will support them, little purchases there mean a lot more to them than they do to Johnny down the street.

"The problem with a politician’s quote on Facebook is you don’t know whether or not they really said it." –Abraham Lincoln

Tales of an Ozark Campground Proprietor

Dead Drift Fly Shop

Although I see some people have stopped in, it might be worth stopping in and telling this owner about our forum. That way he can keep up with what people are using in the area to help inform his inventory. Also, he can potentially post his hours, etc.. on one of the commercial parts of the forum. Lots of folks, members or not, read this. If I get a chance I'll pop in after work this week, but if someone can do it sooner, it's just a thought.

"Thanks to Mother Mercy, Thanks to Brother Wine, Another night is over and we're walking down the line" - David Mallett

• Members

Stopped in today and talked for way to long about "all things fishing". This shop is doing it right, great atmosphere and great product, and these guys are interested in not only the 20 year veteran of the game but also interested in inviting new people into the sport. Tons of material, which I know I am not used to around here, I'm used to waiting on internet orders. If they don't have it, they will get it for you. Stop in and say "Hello", spend a few dollars and let's keep these guys going. We all know that having a good fly shop in the area is a valuable commodity!

An expert is a person who has made every possible mistake in a small field of study.

Talked to the owner today. He said he will look into posting his info on the forum. The customer service I received was phenomenal. I am also impressed by the selection of materials.

Luke Walz