But Sometimes It Is

joeD

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Need to watch out for some of the locals coming in by 4 wheelers and using bait, especially below BC. I've found empty cans of corn and bait containers down there.

• Members

agree with born to fish, people are taking alot of >18" fish out of the river. fished river right after they stocked it this year, there was a TON of fish from BC - past ashley creek. Still a fair amount of fish but all those fish don"t just disapear.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Gavin that the recent fishing on the Current is cyclical and related to drought conditionsand lower stocking. Hell fishing was tough everywhere this past year. I will offer this up though....I think increased pressure on the Current is due to other trout streams being "down". I remember when the Meramec was fishing well and it wasn't uncommon to see the parking lot at Cardiac jammed. People would fish the blue ribbon creeks hard as well. This past summer when temps were high and drought conditions existed, the Meramec shut down, creeks were left to a trickle and all that was left for the folks living in STL and KC was the Current within a days drive. Once and if ever the Meramec comes back, it will take pressure off the Current.

If we could get a self correcting situation with fishing pressure, If we could get a couple of good water years and if we could all keep our mouths shut... That's a lot of if's.

Truer words couldn't be said!!

Makes you wonder why the same guys that complain about people not posting pictures and naming streams also complain about a stretch of river getting used too much.

But that's just me, I'm a little slow.

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

OUCH!!!

In my defense: ...hmmm...having a hard time defending myself....

Ahem...basically, my point was, as usual, IRONY. You know, this is a modern convention (fishing forum), in a digital age (everything recorded), yet..

(sigh)

Nevermind. I'm an old, overweight , no account drunk. What do I know?

Old drunk farts arent completely useless....We keep a few around camp for their intangable value...Settling of disputes....Ability to sit on their bums for hours, read 3 day old newspapers (again) and watch gear...Discussion on the merits of nearby firewood. Most comfy wet wipes,,,,, (Plus they showed us how to do and live in the woods when we were young and stupid)....You are not done yet Joe! Just gotta build your retirement plan!

OOOF!

Retirement plan!? Goldurnit, Gavin, that's just it! My cabin in the woods by an Ozark stream versus her...her...her..whatever.

Oy.

Sorry. Lemme just shuffle off here and get some firewood and I'll be quiet.

And another thing...