Pre-Rapala Wiggle Warts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smb. look at Joe's old lure page. You might save some bucks.

smb. look at Joe's old lure page. You might save some bucks.

Jerry,

Not cool to basically sabotage his thread telling people to look for cheaper alternatives. If you don't have anything nice to say or have no interest in the product listed its best just to keep your comments yourself. Keeping someone from selling their stuff is a jerk move IMO.

A couple years ago I had Hughes paint some lures for me. I highly recommend him if you are going to spend the money. I have given a couple away as gifts. The remainder, except for the one tied on and a spare in the boat, stay hung in my room.

• 3 weeks later...

Hughes is a great guy! I talked to him on the phone some time ago when I decided to take up airbrushing my own crankbaits and he gave me a lot of great pointers. For a guy doing this for a living I was more than impressed of his willingness to share his trait. I don't think I will ever compare to him but when I read of others paying $9+ for a wiggle wart on e-bay and another $15-$20(average) and shipping costs for a repaint I just grin :secret-laugh: .......................not for sale.

Thumbs up for Hughes.

Thumbs up for TrophyFishR...........I would of helped you out if they hadn't already been painted. They look great. Who did those by the way? You got any old original beat up ones? I'm more interested if their the old clear bodies.

Darren Sadler "Fishing is an Education...Often the fish 'school' me, yet I do not complain. I just keep going to class!"

Hughes is a great guy! I talked to him on the phone some time ago when I decided to take up airbrushing my own crankbaits and he gave me a lot of great pointers. For a guy doing this for a living I was more than impressed of his willingness to share his trait. I don't think I will ever compare to him but when I read of others paying $9+ for a wiggle wart on e-bay and another $15-$20(average) and shipping costs for a repaint I just grin :secret-laugh: .......................not for sale.

Thumbs up for Hughes.

Thumbs up for TrophyFishR...........I would of helped you out if they hadn't already been painted. They look great. Who did those by the way? You got any old original beat up ones? I'm more interested if their the old clear bodies.

post-674-0-41392300-1357551269_thumb.jpg

Darren Sadler "Fishing is an Education...Often the fish 'school' me, yet I do not complain. I just keep going to class!"

I painted them all myself.

Its been 3 years of trial and error.

Thanks for the compliments.