This Weekend.

If I were going this weekend I would take some black dry flies that represent the midge in adult stage. Last Sat. the wind was fairly calm and fish were hitting everywhere on top. Other wise black and zebra midges. Copper bead head if it is sunny and chrome bead if cloudy or overcast. Fish your indicator up about 24"-36" with no weight other than the beadhead.

Fishing other patterns than the dark midges and you will probably catch about a 1,000 of the aggressive little browns they just stocked. The rainbows I cleaned and pumped their stomachs were full of little pupa midge type insects. Did not start consistently catching rainbows until I tied the zebra midge on, everything was getting hammered by the tiny browns. I hope a couple of those grow smart and into big boys, but they will have to learn to hide, cause the stripers and such are going to eat them like popcorn until they are closer 10" or so. Then their only other problem is oxygen and staying away from the stinky powerbait.

• Members

Fished Friday afternoon and Saturday until 3. Super slow. Friday I had a couple hookups but actually didn’t land anything. I was pretty bummed. Saturday morning was also slow for me and my buddy but not for the fish. We started in the pool below the island at the second lot and the fish were hammering the top. There was a HUGE midge hatch going on. They were everywhere but nothing bigger than #22's. After 11 the hatch died off and I started catching bows on #18 black zebra midges. Quit at 3 with 11 to hand. All around 12" and nothing bigger than 14".

My buddy had 3 Saturday.

Not the best day ever but not terrible either.

Jason