What few brown trout there are in the LIR will typically eat the same bugs that the rainbows eat. Midges, scuds, worms, etc. Its not till they get around 20" and bigger that they change over to almost strictly a "meat" diet. Will they eat a bugger? Oh yeah...so will the rainbows. Buggers are killer down there on the right days. I typically will start out throwing a bugger or small slumpbuster to see if they will play the streamer game. Way better than staring at a stupid bobber all day that doesn't even move but sometimes that's the game you have to play...

They did run some good water yesterday....probably gave the river a decent flush. I was gonna try to wiggle away for the morning with the drift boat and float it but I have this stupid flu/head cold crap....

@joshuapaul, I wouldn't bother with the lower sections. There's no trout down there. None at all : )

Chance

...I'm haunted in my dreams of waters I have yet to fish and trout I have yet to catch...

Chasing the Dream...

• Members

Chance, by "lower sections" I meant the stretch between the gauge and Marval.

We fished the riffle above T&M gravel and did ok. Never made it any farther down though.

The more I fish LIR, the more depressed I get that LMF is 4 hours away.

to life!

Josh

www.towindward.tumblr.com

OKC, OK

@joshuapaul, I know what u meant. Lol. I was being dumb about saying there are no fish down there cuz that's my favorite section.

And in response to your building depression, now u know why I don't have a problem driving the 3-5 hours to fish in Missouri and Arkansas. Totally worth it. Better fishing, bigger fish, and better scenery.

Chance

...I'm haunted in my dreams of waters I have yet to fish and trout I have yet to catch...

Chasing the Dream...

I have to agree with Chance. I'd rather fish MO and AR, also. However, it's difficult for me to find the time to make that trip, right now. So, I'll still have to fish the LIR when opportunity presents itself. Heck, I'll even fish neighborhood ponds, here in Owasso, just to get my fix. :)

DaddyO

We all make decisions; but, in the end, our decisions make us.