• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 parsonsles87

parsonsles87

Bigmouth Buffalo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:mainly the temperate basses. a big striper has eluded me for years though due to lack of a boat

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

has anyone caught any walleye or stripers around udall yet? i have never caught a decent sized fish of either species and have been trying for a while. I dont have a boat and  i live an hour away so any info would be greatly appreciated. 

#2 parsonsles87

parsonsles87

Bigmouth Buffalo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:mainly the temperate basses. a big striper has eluded me for years though due to lack of a boat

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

anyone?

#3 Justin Spencer

Justin Spencer

Cypress Darter

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts
  • Interests:Hunting
    Fishing
    Trapping
    Sports

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Go to 160 bridge they gather at base of that shoal just above the bridge, whites, hybrids, stripers and walleye all caught there in good numbers from the bank mostly a night game but not always, you'll know when it's on because it will be busy.

Below the dam at Dawt mill is a good place for a big striper!
"The problem with a politician’s quote on Facebook is you don’t know whether or not they really said it." –Abraham Lincoln

Tales of an Ozark Campground Proprietor

Dead Drift Fly Shop

#4 parsonsles87

parsonsles87

Bigmouth Buffalo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

thanks for the info. every little bit helps. i think i will go to udall sunday and try throwing some stick baits and big shiners. if anyone else has any info it would be greatly appreciated! thanks.

#5 logsmith

logsmith

Bleeding Shiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

well??????????????

How did you do??

I'm thinking of going to Udall myself this weekend any info would be appreciated.

#6 parsonsles87

parsonsles87

Bigmouth Buffalo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

not great wasnt able to fish . people say the eyes are there though nothing on stripers

#7 logsmith

logsmith

Bleeding Shiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

To bad you were not able to fish, but thanks for letting us know

#8 parsonsles87

parsonsles87

Bigmouth Buffalo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

im getting anxious again. has anyone caught any stripers around tecumpseh or dawt yet ? ive been trying for a striper off the bank for several years now and you have to think its gotta happen eventually. 

#9 Joe Hask

Joe Hask

Bleeding Shiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

I go to Udall all the time and I never catch anything worth keeping I am looking for a new spot. I am in the same spot you are in no boat

#10 parsonsles87

parsonsles87

Bigmouth Buffalo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

for some reason for the past ten years  ive never had very good luck at udall  stump hole or tecumpseh. i keep going back because i know there are big hybrids and stripers in there. i just cant catchem lol. my favorite places to bank fish are truman, bagnell and powersite dam. i always catch somethin good at these places. big creek, swan and beaver on bull shoals are all great places to go with no boat. i just wish someone would report stripers at tecumpseh becase i would burn some more gas and try my bad luck again

#11 Joe Hask

Joe Hask

Bleeding Shiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

I just moved here a year ago  and trying to find a good spot I went to udall yesterday and lake levels are way up compared to the last time.  when you fish udall where do you fish. some one told me i could catch fish in tecumpseh 

#12 parsonsles87

parsonsles87

Bigmouth Buffalo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

theres an old road that brings you out above the mouth of that creek across from the marina but u gotta climb up an down a huge hill. when the whites and hybrids start runnin you can catchem there and stump hole which is up the river and around that first corner thats a good spot. under 160 bridge is good and all the way up to dawt when they runnin good. id say 2 maybe 3 weeks tops and the fish should be all over you. i found a cheap boat and should have it legal by then i will give shout and maybe we can break it in with a load of fish

#13 Joe Hask

Joe Hask

Bleeding Shiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

I went to  tecumpseh today no luck but the wind was bad my wifes sister and husband went yesterday and caught a bunch of white bass in that area with purple swiming minnows while there i seen a couple of them getting white bass right by the bridge 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

count web page traffic
XM Satellite Radio