Local Lakes? (Ft. Smith, Weddington, Elmdale, Tj House, Crystal Lake)

J-Doc

You can also fish Beaver, and if you want to get away from the skiers, the coves off the Indian creek arm have a lot of timber in them so the skiers for the most part, don't go back into them. Lots of bluegills in those coves that nobody fishes for. What's worked well for me is get some of those Eagle Claw long shanked panfish hooks (HLS carries them) and some redworms. Hook the redworm just one time through the collar (don't wad them up on the hook), fish them beneath a cork, great stuff for kids. Those long shank hooks, you can just pull them out of the fish with pliers, the hook will straighten sometimes, but just bend it back. It's a lot easier than dealing with short shank hooks when panfishing.

Glad to hear that, QB. I love fishing for bluegills, especially with a fly rod and popper.

Weddington has several 8-10lb bass in it.

Sure you will catch a bunch of little ones, but there are some toads in there.

And suddenly........the boat population at this lake just increased by 10-fold! Lol! You could have PM'd me that tid bit. Haha!!

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

I launch at Crystal near the airport. Crappie and Bass on the Bluff walls. Winter time there are traps set around the lake so dont be shocked to see an Otter, coon or mink stuck in one. Its not the best lake in the world and summertime is snake time.

and summertime is snake time.

And that folks just ended my interest in this lake!! Only good snake is a deadsnake that I never see.

:grin:

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

And that folks just ended my interest in this lake!! Only good snake is a deadsnake that I never see.

:grin:

Oh sonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I just found me a new game to play at the ramp lol