Andy Williams Moon River Grill/return Of Shorty Small's To Branson.

Gatorjet

After the death of Andy Williams the Moon River Grill was closed. Now Shorty Small's formaly on Hwy 165, and Branson Landing has re-opened the restaurant. Same Shorty Small's menu as before they closed the Branson locations.

I'm going to miss the stuffed roasted quail at MRG, but looking forward to Shorty Small's return to Branson.

Real men go propless!

Personally I thought Shorty's was overpriced and over rated. Great atmosphere for Branson tourist, but that was about it.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

• 2 weeks later...

Moon river Grill had some good lunch items. They had a half sandwich and soup or strawberry salad that was very good and reasonably priced. However, I thought their evening menu was pretty overpriced and the food nothing to get too excited about.

Wonder what they will do with the theater. It's one of the nicer theater's in Branson.

Have to agree that Dana's is a great BBQ place and they also have great burgers.

Danna's has 3 locations now, that I know of. Besides Branson West there is one on 76 in Kirbyville.

The only thing that bothers me about Danna's is that they have eased the prices up somewhat. When they rebuilt after the fire they kept things pretty much as they were, but then started inching them up. Not something outsiders would notice, but the wife and I did because it was a favorite for us.

I think that is common in Missouri, all though Bandannas wouldn't be one I would think better. I think people born or raised in this part of the country are exposed to so many different BBQ's that don't fit the mold the rest of the country lays on it, it is easy to make comparisons.

I grew up with Rosedale, Bryant's, Reagan's and Gate's, but in this area Danna's seems to rule.

Bandanna's didn't do well in Branson. They closed after only a couple years. I haven't been in one since soon after the original owners sold it, and they took a nose dive. Always say I'm going to give them another try to see If they improved, but never have. Oh for the old days with Bandanna's one location in Arnold in a little strip mall next to a Chinese joint.

Real men go propless!

The best item on Bandana's menu is the toast. Makes wonder about the restaurant going public.

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974