winter season

Greg

Is Montauk open 4 days a week (Fri to Mon) this winter like roaring river is?

Greg

"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it" - Koos Brandt

Greg Mitchell

Good question i am assuming so since R.river and Bennett are both open friday thru Monday

JJ

Jon Joy

"A jerk at one end of the line is enough." unknown author

The Second Amendment was written for hunting tyrants not ducks.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Phil,

Yeah, the Fly Fishing only area at Montauk is really an awsome stream with a lot of character and structure. When you take away the traffic and pressure, you can really catch some nice fish in riffles and places where fish SHOULD be if you don't have a bunch of numbskulls walking on them all day.

Catch-and-Release Season * Beginning Time Ending Time

2nd Friday in Nov. through the 2nd Monday in February

(Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday only) 8 a.m. 4 p.m.

*The catch-and-release season has been expanded in 2006 to include Mondays.

Copied from the mostateparkes website for montauk.

I can't wait to get out there. I think Montauk during catch and release season is about as good as flyfishing gets in MO.

• Root Admin
I can't wait to get out there. I think Montauk during catch and release season is about as good as flyfishing gets in MO.

Really?! I'll have to make sure to try a Sunday/Monday trip this winter. I need to see new waters this winter.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Phil; Mondays are a good bet on Roaring River. I fished the upper end Monday afternoon and there was one other person in all of Zone One near the hatchery. You can dang near have the park to yourself

Dano; I heard somewhere they decided to only allow four days because of the low water table at Roaring River.

AKA Flysmith - Cassville MO

Phil if you've never been to Montauk you should definitely give it a whirl. It's a great place to fish. It's definitely the least pressured of the parks. Even in the summer I've found the crowds don't approach what you see at the other parks and taneycomo. I went a couple of times last winter and it was wonderful. Plus you have the bonus of the trophy area of the current down below Montauk.

Greg

"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it" - Koos Brandt

Greg Mitchell