Wish Me Luck.

ozark trout fisher

Due to a chain of events that began with us not remembering it was Labor Day weekend is during the planning stages, I plan to be on the Current River trout fishing this weekend. I have a feeling that is about as good of an idea as it sounds like. So, wish me luck. Never been one to complain about spending a weekend in the Ozarks, but.........I have never been on the Current on Labor Day weekend either. May end up having to retreat into the park of all places just to avoid getting run over by a canoe every 2 seconds. The planning was not perfect for sure but sometimes a pretty good time can still come out of that. Just being in camp and spending some time in that area is usually nice even if the fishing is a total loss.

At least the cold water should be nice in the heat. We'll see how it goes and I do intend to post a report.

Good luck and hope you have a great time. If the river is crowded look for big fish in areas that don't usually hold fish. That has worked for me when the obvious holes are getting pounded and the fish run for cover.

Good luck and hope you have a great time. If the river is crowded look for big fish in areas that don't usually hold fish. That has worked for me when the obvious holes are getting pounded and the fish run for cover.

Great idea. Tan Vat will likely look like a mini party cove this weekend.

Jeesh, I would rather sit at home and bang my fingers in a screen door than go near a major river this weekend and expect to "fish".

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

— Hunter S. Thompson

Jeesh, I would rather sit at home and bang my fingers in a screen door than go near a major river this weekend and expect to "fish".

I am basically with you and never thought I'd be doing this. But I am going with others who still want to do this. Chances are we find a way to have a good time anyhow. None of us have any big expectations for the fishing.

We'll look at our options when we get there and just see what gives us the best chance. Thanks for the advice. We plan to be getting up really early too, so hopefully we can carve out a couple hours of fishing before everything gets crazy.....then probably do some more fishing in the evening. Afternoons may be the time to do some driving and try to get some good pictures of the springs and the general area around the upper Current. Don't think much fishing will be going on then especially when you combine it with the heat.

Anyway, if things go as planned I will post a report sometime Sunday night or Monday.