Oh Brother, They Shut The Web Down Too....

Try finding any info on anything fun on the web now. Ozark Scenic Riverways sites, USGS.gov, NOAA, all have big postings stating the following.

Due to the Federal government shutdown, usgs.gov and most associated web sites are unavailable.

Only web sites necessary to protect lives and property will be maintained.

What a crock.

We really need a major overhaul of our Government. I want a tax refund for failure to provide.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vote against any incumbent.

True enough, they're a bunch of morons. But it's not that big a deal to me, I haven't skipped a beat and will go on like nothing happened. So what if the nanny state shuts down for a few days?

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

True enough, they're a bunch of morons. But it's not that big a deal to me, I haven't skipped a beat and will go on like nothing happened. So what if the nanny state shuts down for a few days?

The reason I found it, I was checking on a Jack's Fork trip this weekend. NWS killed that with a front and thunderstorms on Sat, but the disclaimer was there too.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

Vote out every incumbent AND only vote for people who pledge to take no money or favors from any lobbyist.

Good point, guess that means we probably won't be voting.

"The problem with a politician’s quote on Facebook is you don’t know whether or not they really said it." –Abraham Lincoln

Tales of an Ozark Campground Proprietor

Dead Drift Fly Shop

Run for congress yourself. Our representatives used to be regular working people who would go to Washington for a term to serve their country and represent the people from their state and then come back home and get back to work. NOT career politicians. Davy Crockett was a congressman!

You know...whichever party ends up getting the most blame for this, and both parties are trying their hardest to put the blame on the other one, I think they might be surprised at how MUCH blame they all get compared to the last time, which was back in the 1990s. The websites shutting down is going to tick off a whole lot more people than the last time because back then, not as many people depending upon the internet to do business with the government or use government services. I know that, just to give one example, not as many people back then used the USGS river and lake gauges the way we all do now. I remember the last time, and I don't think people were as angry then as they are now. And they're angry with everybody in Congress, not just the party of their choice.

No way I'm getting into what I think about who is most to blame, but I'm like a whole lot of people on here and elsewhere...the whole kit and kaboodle of them deserve the anger.