OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Leonard

Starting off the New Year 2007

Count me in guys,

It will be a great opportunity to put faces to names and knock out some of those late spawning bows (weather cooperating). I'll be doing the food thing for y'all some way or another as well. Is this just a day thing or are some of you staying the night in the vicinity?

I'm ready.....Don

I'll be there. I start every year this way...flyfishing at Taney.

I never fish above the old boat ramp though. Too much competition for space.

If any of you venture down, I'll have a pot of coffee going when I'm not fishing.

G

Growler, I never fish above the old boat ramp either. But it looks like there will be food at the pavillion!!!! Come on over so everyone can put a name on a face and then we can head back down to the quiet area.

I'm sure I'll bring some type of food. May be a good day for some warm sausage balls. They go real good with a cup of coffee.

May be a good day for some warm sausage balls.

<_< that anything like rooster fries or mountain oysters? :huh:

Didn't know sausages had balls... :mellow:

You know that whatever you do on NYD you'll do the rest of the year. I fished, hunted, played golf, and had "relations" one NYD... The best year of my life.... :rolleyes:

I won't promise, but I'll try to make it down...

Looks like it's a go! I'll be bringing my son down. He'll be back for the holidays and I've promised him a trip (or two) to Taney. We won't be there until around noon though. I have to work the ambulance on New Year's Eve and won't get off until around 8:00 a.m. We'll start down right after that and it's about a 3 hour drive for us. Hope to see some of you for lunch.

John

Hope to see some of you for lunch.

John

You know that is not a bad idea. Some of you may be coming in later. Maybe having a noon cookout back at the pavillion might be a great idea. I am talking simple. Burgers or dogs, chips and such. That way everyone still gets to meet and greet. Folks who have been fishing all morning could have lunch and meet the people that came in after the early morning get together. Phil may still have the OAF banner we could hang so you know you are in the right place. Maybe even invite the local MDC agent or hatchery folks as a nice gesture. I think it could be real simple. All we would need is a portable grill. Everyone could bring their own burgers or dogs etc and just slap it on the fire. ??????

Dano

Sounds like it could be a nice get together. Soooo, weather permitting (can't handle the bitter cold), wife and I will probably be down as late arrivals. Let's see how the weather holds.

Bob A

Springfield