Packing For Armageddon

ness

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from Wal-Mart. I discreetly bought out all their bottled water and Vienna sausages.

BTW -- Our CFO tells me we sent a few million bucks to the IRS on September 15, and will have more going on December 31. I presume we're not the only ones, but what do I know? Maybe they could use that to service the debt? Then for the debt that's maturing just do a no-cost refi like I hear about on the radio all the time? What about the $85 billion the Fed creates every month by buying bonds? Could we use that to pay for something else?

I'm probably just over-thinking this.

John

Kidding aside, just for a second. Look who can borrower cheaper than the great and powerful Uncle Sam: Japan, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Hong Kong, Finland, Netherlands, Austria, Singapore, France, Sweden, Belgium, Canada.

bb.jpg

John

Kidding aside, just for a second. Look who can borrower cheaper than the great and powerful Uncle Sam: Japan, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Hong Kong, Finland, Netherlands, Austria, Singapore, France, Sweden, Belgium, Canada.

bb.jpg

Are you saying we need to be more like: Japan, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Hong Kong, Finland, Netherlands, Austria, Singapore, France, Sweden, Belgium, Canada?

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974

Are you saying we need to be more like: Japan, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Hong Kong, Finland, Netherlands, Austria, Singapore, France, Sweden, Belgium, Canada?

Let's just cherry pick:

Japan -- electronics, table-side food prep/knife tricks

Switzerland -- cheese, chocolate, scenery

Germany -- beer, cured meats

Denmark, Hong Kong, Finland, Netherlands, Singapore -- I got nothing

Austria -- Vienna sausages

France -- they've got some good stuff, but there's always a catch

Sweden -- blondes, meatballs

Belgium -- beer, shotguns

Canada -- comedians

John

Bailing wire. Someone mentioned duct tape already. Two essentials along with TP!

"you can always beat the keeper, but you can never beat the post"

There are only three things in life that are certain : death, taxes, and the wind blowing at Capps Creek!

Ness, I got other lists for other situations, including financial armageddon. You're using the wrong list. You'd have to add the canoe to that one. Here's my armageddon list:

truck to carry all the how-to-grow-your-own-vegetables, make-your-own-clothing, and construct-your-own-nuclear-plant books

truck to carry all that gold

truck to carry all the ammo

two trucks to carry all the arms--those bazookas are heavy

tanker truck to hold and haul the gasoline

boxcar load of cigarettes as trade goods

15 chain saws to build the fort

two tons of various bolts and nails--see above

a Koran to prove I'm one of them when the Muslims take over

a Confederate flag to prove I'm one of them if the far right wing nut jobs beat out the Muslims

a how-to-speak-Chinese book just in case