Favorite Spinning Tackle?

jpb2187

Those are good spoons. I carry a bunch of them.l They do catch fish and I try them when the wind is really blowing, but Zig Jigs are what I throw every time I go. I've literally caught thousands of trout on them.

Thousands.

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

What separates a zig jig from a normal Maribou Jig?

Those are good spoons. I carry a bunch of them.l They do catch fish and I try them when the wind is really blowing, but Zig Jigs are what I throw every time I go. I've literally caught thousands of trout on them.

Thousands.

For me, the quality of the hook, the jig head itself, and the amount of marabou. The are sold in about eight sizes and a lot of colors.

I am well aware that there are other jigs on the market and I'm sure they would catch trout.

I'm going to use Zig Jigs as long as they are on the open market. When conditions are right, I expect to catch > 100 trout in 6 hours of fishing. I have complete and total confidence in them.

For me, the quality of the hook, the jig head itself, and the amount of marabou. The are sold in about eight sizes and a lot of colors.

I am well aware that there are other jigs on the market and I'm sure they would catch trout.

I'm going to use Zig Jigs as long as they are on the open market. When conditions are right, I expect to catch > 100 trout in 6 hours of fishing. I have complete and total confidence in them.

What's your presentation usually like with the marabou jig? I've had a little success with them, but i"m not as confident as I am with a spoon.

I started out blind casting and screwing around with it. I repeated the stuff that got bit. Honestly, you would catch fish with it if you threw it straight behind the boat and pumped it up and down in the current.

I vary the speed based on how the fish want it that day.

I target high flow areas on low flow days and low flow areas when they are running a low of water. I how to throw it near wood and behind large rocks. I love to be able to see the fish and manipulate the jig based on how they react to it.

I learn more about fishing the jig every time I go. I'm sure I need to learn a whole lot more about fishing a spoon. I can always catch a few on it, but I've never been able to catch more than a few on it.

AnywayI got jigs from 1/32 to 3/4 oz in my locker. Also buy Road runner type lures bulk. I got those in 1/32, 1/16 and 1/8. I think here on LOZ the 1/16 or 1/8 road runner is king for crappie. I use them almost entirely with plastic bodies. Most small jigs you find in the stores have hooks to small and too short.. Really I prefer a longer shank and light wire hook in my little jigs and road runners.

I have never seen a Zig Jig. What sizes do they come in. That sounds like something i would like to try. Curly tails do about the same type action I would imagine. If it make wider zigs however it would interest me. I also am picky about the curly tail trailers I use. I like those that the action starts very easy like Kalins and PBS Triple Ripple.

I'm sure Zig Jigs catch all species, but I only throw them at trout. When he started with that name spoon, I thought this was another trout thread

Heck, I fish for everything. I've got dozens of lures that I love to use. Road runners are great. I tie my own color combos with chenille and marabou, but I also fish them with swimming minnows and BG Baby Shad. I wish they made an 1/8 oz head with a smaller hook.

I really like the JIgheads from Lunker City. Caution: they aren't the cheap option but you can get a variety of head designs and various hook options.

Smaller shad raps like the SR5 or the plastic SR4 are great springtime multispecies baits.

3/16 oz lipless crankbaits are another great white bass option.