Best Multi-Species Boat For Loz?

SJB

I'm surprised no one has mentioned a center console boat. They have the capability to handle the larger waves and have a lot of space. For a rough lake like LOZ I think they do a good job.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised no one has mentioned a center console boat. They have the capability to handle the larger waves and have a lot of space. For a rough lake like LOZ I think they do a good job.

Hmmm, I put a center console in a 16' Sea Nymph jon......it STILL rode like a potato wagon on a railroad crossing. :)

It'd be a bit awkward pitchin' behind docks from a Mako bay boat. LOL

Yeah, any time you try to go multi-species you loose some of the specific design enhancements a speciality boat has. Anything that has a windshield or center console starts to limit space and casting ability. I fish on LOZ occasionally out of my buddies Champion bay boat and I like the ride. No way two guys could pitch a jig off of the front like you can in a modern bass boat.

For me its a matter of wants over needs.

I really want a new (er) boat, but I really don't need it. My 17.5' Fisher does the job. And hey, where I'm at on LOZ, I can pretty much fish all year. Yeah, it can get rough between the holidays, but I'm usually done on the weekends by 9am and not back out until after dinner.

But I really WANT a new one.

@lozcrappie

Could be; I visit what I call Gibson flat at the mouth of Mill as well as Guido's hump around the corner fairly often - not to mention a few other "secret" spots up that way...

I can watch people fish on Gibson's Point from my front windows. Been over there about a million times. I never heard anyone call those points around the corner Guidos Hump. I was just up in town talking to Guidos brother in law and nephew and they never heard it called that either I will say this though that area used to yield some large bass. But it has been a few years since I have caught them over there. Last summer there were big gar hanging around over there in the evenings. I caught a couple in the 4ft range over there last summer during the dig days.that can be a hell if a thrill.

• 2 weeks later...

I'vs got a Tracker Tournament v18 All fish with 115 merc 2s on the back. It's a great all around boat. You can find an image on google. Has the front platform for casting, huge livewell up front for cats n eyes and a smaller live well in the rear, a smaller rear deck and a walk through design. It will handle anything....we spend summers on table rock by the dam, but is easy to trailer and manuever weighing in at only 1100 lbs bare boat. Plenty of room for 3 batteris to run a 24volt troller system. Down sides are....it's single console...but hey, I got a console, and that's about it. She runs 43 full or empty, easy on the gas, and you can get them faily inexpensively as you can most trackers. You can ski behind it if the mood strikes too.

• Members

new to this site, but liked the topic. I am moving to Kansas soon, but im purchasing a Wooldridge Sport. I am friends with the owner of the company, and the quailty of the build is second to none, i have had the sport out 40 miles into the pacific in 15 foot rollers, or up a river in 4 inches of water. best all around boat i have ever come across anywhere in the country i have ever been pn, and the way they design the stern of the boat with a tunnel hull makes turns in the water awesome, i would never buy another brand boat anywhere i live for now on. the nice thing about their boats is that its the only boat that can not be blue booked, every boat is considered a "one off" so they have a pretty flippin high re-sale value for the life of them.

this is the boat i am planning on building when i move to kansas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9UGYSTcmdM&feature=share&list=UUNVaCyMXXbq2X42dsqVr8mw&index=1

I had a Lowe center console boat for several years and it would be a good one for an all around, but I'm not sure anyone makes that kind of CC anymore. Mine had a front deck wired for a TM and a pedestal base. The rear had a pedestal base on the floor.

I don't know that it would be real friendly for two, but it worked OK for me and I used it for everything from bass to salmon to crabbing.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

That boat is is a beaut. It lacks only a few things that redesign like something you might see in some of the inland boats like Lund etc. A good sized front deck is also a premium on these type boats around here. We are casters here and that boat is built to troll.