Woolly Worm And Bugger Patterns

What is everyone's favorite color combinations for both Woolly Worms and Woolly Buggers? I would post mine, but I don't really fish them. Hope to tie and try this winter however.

1. Olive, olive

2. Olive, black

Hackle tied sparse and thin bodied.

Every bugger I have ever seen had way too much hackle and way too thick a body.

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974

Every bugger I have ever seen had way too much hackle and way too thick a body.

Kind of agree, at least with reference to the body. I also agree that the hackle can be overdone, but I don't like what I would call sparse.

Colors WW? Black on black, brown on brown, ginger on ginger, yellow grizzly on yellow, olive grizz on olive, and grizz on black.

Ginger is by far my favorite.

Colors for WB's, black, olive, Sculpin, and brown. I tend to like solid color buggers with bead or cone heads.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

• 2 weeks later...

i tied some wooly worms up in various sizes earlier this month. they are dark brown with a chartreuse tag (tail). I also tied up some wooly grubbers to, I expect these will be great next season. here are some of the wooly worms I tied earlier this month:

post-15745-0-53381300-1385195662.jpg

Let the summer of Carp, begin.

Those should work. I know the Green Butt Skunk works well on gills.

Just an idea, I tied my GBS's with egg yarn on the butt, not flared, but wrapped tight.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

Look out bream, you don't stand a chance.

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974