Polar Bear

Stump bumper

Thanks for the debris report. I'm venturing out today for some scouting. I'll be going slow anyway. No hurry.

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see any debris from Rocky B to Ford's Creek to Rambo and Cliffty.

Water temps were 46.5 in Fords, 46 near Cliffty, 46.3 in back of Rambo, 46.7 in Rocky B. As sun was setting, the water temp was dropping.

The water temp will be pretty cold come Wed. morning but should warm with the hi sun starting around 9-10AM.

I rode about 18miles and idled over spots. I hardly found a fish and I don't think I saw any bait. It's going to be an interesting tournament. Lots of "zeros" and a few hefty bags. Someone will find them. They always do.

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

• Members

14.45 Won it 9.xx was lowest paid out of I believe 12 places Big bass was 5.92 I think 78 boats Just went to watch weigh in to see if I should of donated my money and was surprised. I thought it would of taken 18+ to win. Everyone was talking about it being super tough. Don't know what's going on out there. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big bass was 5.59

11th place was about 10lbs

Local FLW Pro Greg Bohannon got 11.62 for 5th place

Local FLW Pro Travis Fox came in 2nd I believe with about 13-14lbs

Winners were Larry and Mike White with 14.45lbs.

Jolicious and I roamed around pre-fishing and piddled around Tuesday and never saw much fish on the fish finder. Never got a bite till the afternoon wind picked up around 1-2. I landed two fish with a nice Kentucky on the A-rig in 20ft of flooded timber on a wind blown bank. Text book scenario. Fish came up with the wind.

Wednesday was different. Completely different. We were boat #5 and stayed in Prairie Creek till the sun was up and so did about 20 other boats.

We went up river (too soon now I've learned) and fished an area that had fish shallow but water was 44. They were biting shad but not terribly aggressively. After 1-2hrs of that, we went to Fords Creek, then Rocky Branch, then Rambo, then Van Winkle.

I was so tired from not much sleep the night before and from casting that a-rig all day and jerking on jerkbaits that I sat down the last 20mins and almost fell asleep. I was done.

Oh, and all of that and we never got a single bite. The only time we ever saw fish on the graph was up river and they were not very active. While I know there are fish in the 20-40ft range, they move up and down throughout the day for short intervals. Not traveling much. Just up and down. These guys with side scan units like HDS8 and larger have a real advantage right now. You MUST find fish in order to get fish them and then you have to figure out how to make them bite.

The local pressure these fish get is incredible. LOTs of pressure all year round. Makes you tougher and stronger I suppose.

Is it just me or is it usually a rule of thumb that south of PC you find bigger bass and North you just get more numbers? Every bass I have caught in Beaver that was over 5lbs was south of PC. Though I have found several 5 and 6 lbers in PC I always right them off to fish released there.

Stump, LMB relate to the riverine area so that explains the PC to south area as they are the bigger fish. Furthest North I have caught a 5+pnd LMB was Little Ventris in the middle of summer.

There are some big Smallmouth North of PC that will hit 5lbs but not near the frequency of the LMB south of PC. It seems as PC is the transition point / overlap point for LMB and SMB

• Members

Super tough for us too! We ran up to the Dam/Clifty area and caught 2 fish all day. One was a 3lber and the other a 13 in black. Both caught on A rig. We threw jerkbait, a rig, and jig all day....Very humbing day!

Anyone hear the winning pattern or what part of lake the bag was caught?