Beaver Lake History

Feathers and Fins

Every so often the subject of old pictures of the lake comes up. I thought it would be neat if we could get all of them in one thread. So post whatever you have Old or New. From the Amphitheatre in Monte Ne to the Ugly Green House. Lets make, Show and Share the History of this Beautiful lake.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ugly green house. Bahahahaha

I be true owner would appreciate that title. Considering it's under construction.

I like this history thread idea. Phill......hook us up please!!

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

• Members

Does anyone know if they left the bridge intact when the lake filled up that was located real close to the Lost Bridge South park. I always assumed thats why they called that area Lost Bridge, but Im just guessing. i know there was a bridge that crossed the river in the same area as the Hwy 12 bridge and it was supposedly demolished and left in the bottom of the lake.

Another member has posted family stories to the contrary, but it's my understanding there never was a bridge at Lost Bridge. They built a nice road from the north, but funding dried up, hence Lost Bridge. I've searched it pretty hard, but no undeniable evidence either way. (yet)

I can't dance like I used to.

Actually The bridge was built but in 1943 the bridge was destroyed by a flood. A low water bridge was built in its place. If you go to the History of Lost Bridge site it has a short article on it. http://www.lbvca.com/Pages/History/lostBridge.htm

Awesome photo find of the bridge! I have one from a newspaper showing the new Hwy 12 bridge in the background before the old bridge was demolished at home.

I heard it was demolished but never heard it stayed at the bottom. Some of you side scanners could tell I guess.

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!