Caught Walleye Today, On The Fly Rod!

BilletHead

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, were they in the eddies, current, around rocks, logs, sand, etc... I'm trying to find some on the east side of the state- found the deepest hole (10-15') for a mile or two either way, know they're in there, just can't get one yet.

Made multiple trips, just trying to figure out specifically where they are in the river. Only white bass and drum to show so far.

WARNING!! Comments to be interpreted at own risk.

Time spent fishing is never wasted.

Kayser, Just of the middle of the river. 4 to 5 foot deep. The deepest part of this area isn't much over 6 foot deep. Guessing bottom is a gravel sand mix. No structure. Slow to moderate current. Hope this helps. I should of been there this morning before this weather change but I decided not because of the big wind.

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

I tied some 1/8oz bucktail jigs tonight. Based them off a clouser, but I wanted to get a little deeper and hold on the bottom (1/4oz is a bit much there). What do you guys think? Thinking about tipping with live shiners/chubs or a gulp minnow if I don't have much time.

Bucktails

Bucktails look good Kayser. Years back I had a good season putting bucktail jigs like you have there under a float and working them slow. Then again I am not fighting deeper water like you are. A friend and I went back and tried last Friday working where I caught and another good hole. Two dink bass is all we caught. I know the fish are there but not biting. I will give it a week or so and try again.

BilletHead

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

BilletHead

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Do you tip the jigs with anything, or just fish it plain?

Kayser used them plain. I am sure tipping with a minnow would help. As a matter of a fact back then I was using the old float and fly system. Think cold water, slow fish,

BilletHead

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead