Grand Lake Help

James08

• Members

I think I may be embarrassing myself here but I need some help with Bass fishing on Grand Lake. In years past I typically fished on Neosho/Elk River area and had success with the Whites and I usually put out a few Jugs for cats, but I wanted to get into Bass fishing so I got in my boat and set out. I fished all summer with little to no success finding them. I am really thinking about hiring a guide service do you guys have any recommendations? Do I really need to hire a guide service or can you guys give me some advice. I usually put in at Elk River and go from there.

Thanks in advance.

Plenty of guys fish Grand on here. I use to all the time as a kid, but hardly ever now. Maybe Birdwatcher or QB can give you some better tips. Send them a private message and maybe they will help you out.

"you can always beat the keeper, but you can never beat the post"

There are only three things in life that are certain : death, taxes, and the wind blowing at Capps Creek!

• Members

Try in Honey Creek. Look for sharp little gravel points and docks this time of year. Jerkbaits and jigs

Thanks! I planned on working that area soon. If only I could get the weather to cooperate.

• Members

Plenty of guys fish Grand on here. I use to all the time as a kid, but hardly ever now. Maybe Birdwatcher or QB can give you some better tips. Send them a private message and maybe they will help you out.

Thanks Ollie... I will look them up.

• 1 month later...

I generally fish the southern half of Grand but what I look for is structure that is close to drop-offs in depth. Many times this is a dock that is baited near a channel. Or just good looking points that have some gradient or change in the rock structure, like an area that looks like solid rock that transitions to gravel of some kind. It takes quite a bit of time (and some luck) to find the places that have structure that hold fish.

A guide is not a bad idea if you want to save some time and find good spots quicker than trial and error.