On The Rise

WHARFRAT

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it does. Maybe they got that job done down on the old hwy 5 bridge pillars. Or maybe you people in St Louis are using less electric.

LOL, I am guessing with normal rainfall it will come up around 4/1. Just like the guide curve states. it has not been drawn down because of the old 5 bridge. They have followed the posted guide curve, just like they always do. Yes sometimes the rain or lack of rain causes it to be a little above or below the guide curve but it is always pretty close.

guide curve says 654 until 4/1. Last time I was looking it had gotten down to 653.9 so they missed it by a tenth but then we got this rain/snow so it came up. Now they will pull it back down to close to 654 unless weather prevents. Happens every year, and every year people act like it "lower than they ever seen it".... I just laugh.... It get's down to between 653.7 and 653.9 about every 3-4 years!

Joe

• Members

So is it still coming up at all? Does anyone know if I can count on putting a boat in in Spring Branch cove near Edwards in a couple weeks? Sorry, the nicer weather has me busy at work so I havent been able to spend much time here. Were heading down the first weekend of April so I wanna plan accordingly!

Its not the curve. I did not say a thing about lowering. The company that built that the bridge had to destroy the old pillars to a depth off 6 ft below winter pool. They were not going to allow the lake to rise above winter pool until they were finished doing that. What I said has nothing to do with the draw down it has to do with the letting it rise past winter pool until it was finished. I went that way yesterday and did not see the cranes so maybe they are done. They used the term grind them down to 6 ft below the winter pool. That sounds like something might have taken us past the 1 of April. That is what we were told.

well how did it go up the gravois?

Bunch of male and a few female whites and a good jerk bait bite for LM but zip on my target fish - walleye. The LM were right on the rocks and smacking a Table Rock colored Pointer in less than 5 fow, The whites in the old creek bed along the flat.

Its not the curve. I did not say a thing about lowering. The company that built that the bridge had to destroy the old pillars to a depth off 6 ft below winter pool. They were not going to allow the lake to rise above winter pool until they were finished doing that. What I said has nothing to do with the draw down it has to do with the letting it rise past winter pool until it was finished. I went that way yesterday and did not see the cranes so maybe they are done. They used the term grind them down to 6 ft below the winter pool. That sounds like something might have taken us past the 1 of April. That is what we were told.

Old Plug,

have you ever looked at Ameren's Guide Curve? Pleased tell me what the lake is doing different than what they are predicting based on the Guide Curve. Yes there are weather and annual events that impact it, BUT it is no lower this year than most "normal" years....

I don't believe the bridge has anything to do with it.... Unless you have talked to Ameren, I would think you are trusting a construction workers opinion! Ameren told me they are following the curve as closely as possible, same as every year. No mention of the bridge demolition.

Joe