OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruthead

Wadeing Trip Of A Lifetime (Norfork)

O.K. fellow members. The wife has decided that this summer is the big wadeing fish vacation. This is kinda #2 sons graduation trip. SO, I'm looking for suggestions on where to go. Missouri or Ark for a week is about all our time schedule will permit. I've done a lot of surfing the net sorting through whats real and whats just a good website is kinda tough. We are also considering a guide probably for 1 day. While we are not experts we are not beginners after 18 years. Fairly versed in dry fly and indicator style fishing although we've been limited to Taney, Bennett Spring and Roaring River. We really enjoy Taney when the water is off or 1 unit. Any more flow than that and gets tough for wife to stand. Not shufflers or outlet fisherman. Wade water is the key.

I know a lot of you on here are very versed in the waters in this area. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated in helping me plan this trip for my family. If any of you feel you need any more info to steer me in the right direction please ask.

Looking forward to your responses.

I've posted this in additional forums here for maximum exposure.

The Norfork and the White both have excellent wading opportunities when the damns are not releasing water. Also, consider the Current and North Fork in MO. Both are great streams and well managed. The Current has a trout park at its headwaters, an unfortunate phenomena that MO came up with, but below that are several miles of just excellent water for wading. The North Fork is a little bigger and not as accessible as the Current, but it has a great population of wild rainbows. Happy wading!

Current and North Fork r both on the someday list but this was his pick. Prolly b 2015 trips, hopefully! Provided we don't get hooked on the White and Norfork area.

We were going to head to Montauk on Thanksgiving but at the last minute decided to make a return trip Taney.

The one time I fished the NFOW it was really hot. We still managed a few bows. We floated from the river of life farm down to Patrick bridge. I would highly recommend that river. It is absolutely beautiful with nice runs to hold rainbows and nice browns are lurking around. River of Life does offer a shuttle service. Just my 2 cents

That's on our list definitely but my list is getting longer faster than it's gettin shorter, Bummer. Thanks for ur 2cents.

Just found out today we may have the opportunity to stay in a friends house on the Fraser river in Colorado. Looks pretty nice from diggin on the net so far. See, the list keeps growin!