Looking Forward To...

nomolites

...seeing what this water influx did for the fish - I was getting tired of pitching that Pointer anyway. Brother talked me into fishing the BBB, which is not really my cup of tea these days, so I will be one of the thousands out there looking for a check this weekend. Good luck to all and be safe; I'm thinking we'll have quite a bit of junk afloat and probably a few knuckleheads operating glitter sleds to contend with so keep your head on a swivel!

Mike

we got a lot of rain last night and we are under tornado watch right now. I will not go out on the lake on the weekends because of the fools. It is to suppose to turn pretty cool after this passes thru. Down into the 30's at bight and high 50's to around 60. Our trouble here time year is that the warmer temperatures are short periods and it takes forever for the temperature to get up there. I took the temperature 2 hrs ago off my dock at the Gravois 3mm. and it was 47. I really expect it to hit 50 or a little better by the weekend. There could maybe be some fog at the takeoff time so be very very careful if there is.

Temperature is now at 50. here at my dock. This string of storms passing through now extends all the way back to Texas. So we will get dumped on a lot more with warm rain rain. but the cold front is coming real fast as well.

Lot of rain here on the lake. but no tornados. we do get our share of that around here. I see by the Post Dispatch they had a tornado in the suburbs of St Louis in a area called University City.

From the looks of the river guages the Niangua basin didn't catch much of the rain so it should be in better shape than the other arms.

The Little Ni caught enough to spike it 8' so the upper end of it will probably be muddy for a few days.

I expect that the bite overall will be pretty darn slow throughout the weekend if the weather predictions are accurate. If I HAD to fish I'd wanna be in the Big Niangua above Barnes, or in the lower mainlake area.