A Few Crappie

Goggle-Eyed

Got out with my Dad for about three hours this afternoon. Didn't fish real hard and tried some new spots near Linn Creek. Ended up with 20 in the live well all, good solid fish, only had to measure two fish and they were both right at 10", all other were around 11-13". Most came from less than 6 FOW, only had 2 females (oddly those were the 2 smallest fish) both of which came from about 12 FOW. All in all a good afternoon. It is still very muddy around the my condo so that is the reason we put in and ran to Linn Creek. Water at Double A was very clear, Linn Creek had really good color.

Joe

Sounds like you had a good time. I think my brother and I are going tomorrow. Where do you put in close to Linn Creek? I have put in at the campground but that looked a little shallow when I was there on a road trip a couple weeks ago.

Earl Stuart

fishin is livin

We actually just put in at the Larry Gale Conservation access on Double A and ran over there, it's not bad depending on your boat, took about 10-15 minutes running 45mph. You can launch at the Linn Creek Campground right now, just keep your motor trimmed up and idle until you pass the shallow flat that runs out on the "right side" as you are running out from the launch ramp, it will be obvious. Once you pass that you can run on plane.

Joe

Visibility on this side of the pond is about 3 inches, and big mats of "sawdust" and wood debris are in the backs of all the little pockets.

I couldn't catch a bass for the life of me but there were some nice slabs hanging under all that floating crud.... and I'm celebrating it as I type :)

post-1322-0-49152500-1396836945.jpg

How a crappie can even find a jig in this soup is a mystery, but they can !

All males here too, today.

Only thing that might have made that photo better would have been a PBR instead of Genuine Draft!!! I couldn't believe how Clear the water was at double A, probably close to 2' of visibility, with the rain coming the next couple of days it might push these mudlines into more areas of the lake. as you proved, it might not matter to the Crappie! I guess that will just move them up even closer to the bank!

BTW Wrench, I still need to get my Xpress/Evinrude to you and install a Voltage Gauge, I did get the Electronics installed yesterday, took me about 5 hours but I did run dedicated wires back to the batteries and didn't just hook them up to the acc connectors...

Joe

Does your new sonar unit have a voltage readout? If so there's no need for a dedicated voltmeter....and another hole in the dash. The digital readout on most LCR's are actually more accurate and easier to read than a analog guage.

Ya, i guess it does. it has a low voltage alarm that monitors the battery. Guess I need to figure out how to read actual's not just set the alarm for low voltage. Besides that stuff, I am gonna need you to look at a few other things, Hydraulic Steering and Trim pump. Got some "clear" oil leaking from somewhere. Just noticed tonight when when I was putting the boat back in the garage. Had a spot on the floor and notice some "oil" dripping. I will trouble shoot this week and let you know what I find and then we can talk about getting in.

Thanks,

Joe

Thanks for the info. I usually put in at Larry Gale so I am familiar with that. I use the campground when I am working 3-11 so I can get in quick and out in time to get to work. Thats a nice lookin meal there fishinwrench, gonna try to have a fish fry for my family Wednesday. Hope they are bitin.

Earl Stuart

fishin is livin