4-11-14 Glaize Arm Crappie

Seth

I played hooky from work and took my dad up to PB2 to go after crappie. Banks and docks weren't producing much so went and found some brush piles with my side imaging Humminbird and started catching fish. Brush piles in 12-15' of water was the ticket. Blue/white and white/chartreuse were our best colors. Five of the 30 fish were under 10". The rest were 10-12 inchers.

post-8-0-68301400-1397349394_thumb.jpg

I will have to fix the picture when I get to a computer. The pic turned out sideways on the Iphone.

Looks like you did better than I did on the Niangua. I fish out of PB2 a lot but we were in a hurry Monday and Roach is closer to home. We did so good there Monday we went back Tuesday and did even better so went back there today. The crappie had a bad case of lockjaw. It is great to take a day off to take your dad fishing. That is a nice looking mess of fish.

Earl Stuart

fishin is livin

I had to hold the jig right in the cover to get bit. We didn't catch many fish casting. I guess they weren't in the mood to chase. My electronics were vital today. It was definitely not how I normally fish loZ this time of year.

I have a "new" to me Eagle on the front of my boat. Haven't quite figured it out yet. It gives me a lot more info than I am used to and I am having a hard time figuring out what it all means. I'll get it one of these days, may have to have my 17 year old son read the manual and interpret it for me. :have-a-nice-day:

Earl Stuart

fishin is livin

I had to hold the jig right in the cover to get bit. We didn't catch many fish casting. I guess they weren't in the mood to chase. My electronics were vital today. It was definitely not how I normally fish loZ this time of year.

That straight down stuff is going on a lot I imagine around LOZ right now. I find crappie nibbles to be a big help this time of the year. Especially with the current color. I do most of my crappie fishing right here at the house off docks. I have personally. brushed some of them over the past 20 yr or so.

I have a "new" to me Eagle on the front of my boat. Haven't quite figured it out yet. It gives me a lot more info than I am used to and I am having a hard time figuring out what it all means. I'll get it one of these days, may have to have my 17 year old son read the manual and interpret it for me. :have-a-nice-day:

Yes that is helpful if you can understand what they are talking about. After he gets done and your confused just say "yeah " and things like that. It kind of helps you feel better. I got a daughter 46yrs old that designs computer systems. She has to reduce everything she does to simple terms about co"mputers for me. So I say yeah a awful lot. She has given me a book a time or two out of her wall sized library to read it "for yourself" and as far as I am concerned they could have been written in a foreign language. I got a 4 yr old granddaughter already know all about e cell phone and speaks a lot of spanish. Her sister is 11/2 and is all over a Ipad. These kids today just flabbergast me in the things they learn so early.

NE_slabs Do bot get to encourage it might be tuff. I just got off the dock and caught about 6 or 7 white crappie and only one was a keeper. I think though the the explosion of crappie fishing is very close. I was bass fishing for short while yesterday and only got three small ones on a grub around the points. Had to throw the grub all the way to the bank them very slowly drag it over the rocks just letting it fall. No action on my part at all. Leads me to think they are not to aggressive right now.