OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
duckydoty

Alaska Update

I've been up in Southwest Alaska for just over a week now and things are shaping up for another great season. Alaska fish and game are expecting a record run for kings on the Nush this year and that is great news. I have guided over there 3 times in the last week catching limits after the tide swing each time. Today will be the largest tide of the month so we are expecting a good push of kings today. I just so happen to have the day off from guiding today and I'm hoping to jump on an empty seat in the float plane heading to the Nush today. If it does not rain, I will try to get a few pictures of the 30 pound kings we have been catching over there. I have only had about an hour window of opportunity to fish the Naknek so far. She is really low this year and just about all of the rapids are wadeable. The smolt have not started running in full force yet but that should be happening soon.

As you can't tell, I have pretty good internet this year and plan on keeping everyone on the forum pretty well updated on whats happening up in Alaska this season.

Cewl. I read today that they expected an excellent season for salmon. Not sure what makes that happen, but sounds like good news. Looking forward to your updates.

Had a good week on the Naknek River. Sockeye salmon started coming in and limits were taken a couple of times this week. A few kings are starting to show up on the Naknek also. The rainbow fishing is really starting to get exciting. The smolt have started migrating out of the lake in large numbers and fishing in the rapids is getting very intense. Several 26 inch bows have been caught this week.

post-49-0-94302700-1403965838.jpg

post-49-0-42991300-1403965858.jpg