Bluegill

gonefishin

Bluegill are my favorite fish. I love catching them on a flyrod. I have heard several times that there are some really big 'gills in Taney. I have only caught one on a spnning out fit, and it wasn't very big. Where is a good place to catch some of the good gills people talk about?

:unsure:

I would rather be fishin'.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Lenord:

Thanks for the reply. I really like to fish for trout but I love catching big gills or better yet Redear but as Redear dont like cold water, I doubt there are any in Taney.

I have a boat. Just bought it this fall. Hopefully I will have it ready to go in the spring.

I will give you a call sometime.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

The mouth of bull creek can be incredible during the spring spawn on huge bluegills.As a bot we spent many evenings there using small 32nd ounce jigs and 2 lb line.Also an occasional crappie will jump in the mix.Did i mention im a crappie fisherman?

[ [

Say, don't I know you from another post/topic? :)

Yep. I think you mentioned you were a Crappie Fisherman. I am too, when they are biting good. Did I mention that I like 'gills? Especially big Redear?

Thanks for the tip. I will give Bull Creek a try.

I have caught some Redear in the rock so I know there are some there. Let me know if you come across a good location. I will let you know if I come across a hot crappie spot.