Spinnerbait After Dark?

Sore Thumbs

Got my butt kicked at Beaver last night by guys throwing spinnerbaits. I threw it some with no luck. I threw it around brush piles mostly. I was using a War Eagle 3/8oz Colorado blade in black. Any suggestions on where to throw it,how to fish it and the right size to ? Thanks guys.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most of the time the spinner baiters are covering water not fishing brush piles. this time of year, bass will roam flat points searching for food. back of pockets can be good also. a spinner bait will make enough noise to call fish to it. you do not have to put the bait on the bass's nose. spinners are sometimes a good choice when bass are some what scattered as they are right not. a crankbait would work also, or a vibrating jig.

bo

I use single spins and tandem spins. I just stop on one side of a point and start fishing. I cover ground until I find out where they are holding. The last time I did it we caught 26 bass in one cove at Stockton. On dark nights I use dark baits. On a full moon I'll throw all white with white blades. When I slow roll I like big blades #7 and a 4 or 5 and keep the boat in 10 fow or less. If I can't find them slow rollin' I use the single spin and drop down. I sometimes pump it if I have to go very deep.

You can make a single spin have a little more "thump" by adding a dab of solder to the blade. Good quality ball bearing swivels are a must for slow rollin'.

DSC01291.jpg

I use single spins and tandem spins. I just stop on one side of a point and start fishing. I cover ground until I find out where they are holding. The last time I did it we caught 26 bass in one cove at Stockton. On dark nights I use dark baits. On a full moon I'll throw all white with white blades. When I slow roll I like big blades #7 and a 4 or 5 and keep the boat in 10 fow or less. If I can't find them slow rollin' I use the single spin and drop down. I sometimes pump it if I have to go very deep.

You can make a single spin have a little more "thump" by adding a dab of solder to the blade. Good quality ball bearing swivels are a must for slow rollin'.

DSC01291.jpg

great idea!!!

Hey man text me sometime- I caught a few on a black spinnerbait last week up the lake a bit. Like was said above- the points are great to throw it on but I have also had a lot of luck around well lit docks.

Try this in PBJ. Throw it. Let it sink on a tight line. Pick it up with the rod tip and then reel 2 or 3 cranks. Let it fall again. Walk it down points.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/War_Eagle_Twin_Spin_Spinnerbaits/descpage-WETWSPI.html#multiview