Have Had Enough Of Bowfisherman

johnboy2bfishin

Was fishing last night around dam area with lack luster results. But what really made the night a blast was a boat load bowfisherman comes between me and the bank I am trying to fish. I watched thses guys do the same to another boat and it is just plain rude and disrespectful. There hasn't been a night lately that you don't see a couple of those boats lighting up the joint. Now I don't have a problem with bowfishing itself. But have some courtesy and respect for people already on a spot fishing. Dont go between the bank and someone fishing. Just ain't cool.

What I really like is when I'm heading out to go fish and have to weave around nearly a hundred floating carp and gar floating in the river. Are there any rules or regulations on taking or disposing of your kill? I felt really sorry for the families that were trying to bank fish with a dead rotten fish all around, can you smell the memories!

I bow fish on occasion and anyone who thinks its easy should try it. But lack of respect toward others is never acceptable. Thrill Kill? don't think I get that most the guys I know are doing it for the same reason we fish ( fun ) and they all keep and clean their fish if you see someone not keeping it I suggest reporting that to the DNR as its wanton waste.

I'm not saying they should be left to rot, but I've known a few bowfishermen in my time and none of them ate their kill. Targeted species are carp, gar, etc. ... not exactly top-shelf table fare.

The recent U.S. Open Bowfishing Championship on Table Rock/Bull Shoals netted 40,000 pounds of roughfish. They were trucked to Illinois to be turned into fertilizer.

ClassActionTransparent.png

I'm not saying they should be left to rot, but I've known a few bowfishermen in my time and none of them ate their kill. Targeted species are carp, gar, etc. ... not exactly top-shelf table fare.

The recent U.S. Open Bowfishing Championship on Table Rock/Bull Shoals netted 40,000 pounds of roughfish. They were trucked to Illinois to be turned into fertilizer.

40,000LBS was just what was weighed in. there was more than that was not even weighed in

That to me is a crime, If you are not going to eat what you kill don't kill it! I understand it for commercial interest and removing envasives but NOT for individuals and Gar is dam fine table fare.

I don't know anything about this other than it looks fun. Anyway if they are going to turn them into fertilizer why not concentrate on Asian carp? I know it would be a drop in the bucket toward getting rid of them but still...

That to me is a crime, If you are not going to eat what you kill don't kill it! I understand it for commercial interest and removing envasives but NOT for individuals and Gar is dam fine table fare.

Gar is an Invasive species? Come on guys, they been in this water table longer then any other fish on the Rock. Plus carp are fun to catch, and pound for pound they are one of the toughest fighters out there, a blast to catch.

Champ - You are correct they don't eat those fish, they arrow them then toss them back, it's no different from catching a bass and cutting his throat then tossing him back in, "Trill Kill"

Fin N Feather- Gar is great, but have fun cleaning them