OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
J-Doc

Fishing Report & Fun Screenshots

Man - those would be easy pickins, assuming the area wasn't covered in idiots driving wake boats.

And................that would be the issue. And some maniac on a jet ski. He kept flying in and out of that entire cove at wide open throttle like he was a BMX moto racer on a closed track. Saw that guy 10 times plus.

Very nice, I have a hummingbird 998 down and side imaging as well as sonar. I have had it for several years but have not grown confident in reading it. Listening to how you guys trust your fish finders, I have got to learn how to trust it, I don't need a $1500 depth finder.

Robert - see video link below. Don't know whether you've watched this before, but it is a great tutorial on side imaging. This really opened my eyes to the power and accuracy of SI.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xe6pLPdMKc

And................that would be the issue. And some maniac on a jet ski. He kept flying in and out of that entire cove at wide open throttle like he was a BMX moto racer on a closed track. Saw that guy 10 times plus.

A well-placed 1 oz spoon might have deterred him....just remember to take the hook off first. What kind of boat is your new rig?

Good link.

Also think right to left. What is happening immediately on the far right of your screen is "NOW". On the left is what happened previously as a scrolling history. Thus you can change the "scroll speed" or chart speed. Signals are sent to the bottom based on ping speed which is roughly like 15 - 30 times per second. When a signal is bounced back, it registers on the graph showing fish and bottom composition. So...........far right is current.

General sonar basics are a must for anyone with a fish finder. Having confidence in your tool will change your fishing there is not a doubt in my mind. I know it did me.

What kind of boat is your new rig?

I'll say it's a new 18'-8" alum. rig. :-)

It's identity will remain unknown for now. So many lurkers here already follow Feathers&Fins like a puppy and he even has people pull up to him and ask if he's catching them and what's he using. One guy said he was going to come back later and fish his spot. Really??????

Yep, I'll keep quiet thank you. LOL

I'll say it's a new 18'-8" alum. rig. :-)

It's identity will remain unknown for now. So many lurkers here already follow Feathers&Fins like a puppy and he even has people pull up to him and ask if he's catching them and what's he using. One guy said he was going to come back later and fish his spot. Really??????

Yep, I'll keep quiet thank you. LOL

I operate under the same rules myself due to posts I make on another board, and I don't blame you a bit.

I forgot to post the pic of the smallie.

Here's the smallmouth I caught. I shamelessly placed an Ozark Anglers sticker in the livewell for the fish pics. I call it the "glamor shot". Hehe

post-5766-0-36683400-1405909690.jpg