Stockton Bass Report

austin14

I have been noticing the scum for awhile too. I have also seen where someone else reported that the oxygen level was low around CC. Does anybody know what is going on with all this??? Straw Hat??? Others???? Seems as though the fish are unusually sluggish.

Walcrabass

Typical summer (warm water) algae bloom... with out a storm to stir up the water it grows ..... But, the good news is it only happens in FERTILE waters.....

"Look up OPTIMIST in the dictionary - there is a picture of a fishing boat being launched"

This year is just like the last two. Nitrogen and phosphorus high. The only thing going for us right now is that the water temp is lower than normal for summer time. I was at CC this weekend and it was 80. Last year at this same time it was 88 to 89. The number of water samples on the lake has dropped as I have heard that the MDC has lost some of its volunteers. The last results I saw was from May and the decrease in O2 was just starting.

thnx for clarifying that straw hat i was wondering about the nitrogen count myself but i wasnt sure about it. i guess the cooler water is the reason some the guys in my crappie club have still been catching some nice crappie just below CC.

Your right Sac River Jim. You either head up toward the river where the water is cooler or north toward the main lake. When we were out Sat all the fish we caught were well north of Springfield landing in fence rows.

yeppers same area for them too i been so busy chasing bass i havent had time to get up there but i'm not fishing any tourneys this week and i'm hungry for some fresh crappie fillets so i might just head up there tomorrow evening.