Wings Anyone?

rps

I have a not so secret "go to" marinade. I use it for chicken, salmon, and pork. My bet would be it would be perfect for ducks and geese as well. Let me show you what it does for wings.

post-3165-0-56296800-1406165391.jpg

Tonight I served those wings with a farmers market type salad of zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, sweet pepper, celery, salt!, pepper, olive oil, shell pasta, and white balsamic vinegar.

post-3165-0-64309900-1406165413.jpg

The marinade? Soy sauce, orange juice, and dry white wine in equal proportions. Billethead and Feathers and Fins need to try this on their game and tell me what they think. As a clue, I baste salmon two or three times over an hour before I cook. I immerse chicken for 6 to 18 hours.

Oh my that looks good RPS. I will have to try that on waterfowl. Did you happen to find wings on sale? Man I remember when they were cheap. Many times we have went looking for wings and ended up buying thighs. It drives me nuts to give the price they ask for wings! Thanks for posting it looks like an epicurean delight.

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

They look like they may be a little sticky and slightly sweet? A good thing for sure. That salad mix looks great.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

They look like they may be a little sticky and slightly sweet? A good thing for sue. That salad mix looks great.

Salty and just a hint of sweet from the orange juice.

Before Buffalo Wings flew out of Buffalo and restaurants jumped on the band wagon, wings were cheap and a well kept secret. Now pound for pound they are more expensive then everything but breasts.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

Same with flank steak -- they used to give it away, now it's primo priced.

John