Skunkworks Wild Hair

Pepe

Been fooling around again and put together a modified ned rig. This one is a bluegill color, though you may have to blow up the picture to see the details. I plan to give it a try in a couple weeks.

post-15289-0-34085600-1406520896.jpg

I've been doing something along the same lines on my shakey heads. Instead of the jig skirt I bought a couple packs of the Yamamoto hula skirts. I cut them in half and slip on in front of the worm for a different look.

I've been doing something along the same lines on my shakey heads. Instead of the jig skirt I bought a couple packs of the Yamamoto hula skirts. I cut them in half and slip on in front of the worm for a different look.

I do that with the skirts, too. Usually in front of a Yum Wooly Hawgtail - great little finesse jig.

DC:

Do you pour that slug with regular plastic or the Zman style ElaZtech? If regular, do you salt it? Do you pour with a soft or firm plastic?

My reason for asking? That length and style slug would be perfect for two different types of walleye fishing if it is soft and capable of being soaked in a scent. A gentleman named Zane from Berryville, Arkansas (tiller steer Xpress with 50HP Merc) fishes a very soft handpour that length on a Lindy rig (that is a light C rig for you bass types). He catches walleye and many bass. The other use would be to thread it on a slow death hook or a harness rigged with a slow death. The notion that one pour can be used for three different and effective methods on two species pleases me.

The ones I got from him were regular plastic - pretty soft like most handpours. And I've caught many 'Eye's on them used as a trailer for a hair jig. Black bucktail/purple slug is killer.

Looks good!!! Are you super glueing to the jig? I wonder how a hair skirt would work? :have-a-nice-day:

I did not glue that one, but that might be the way to go. I will try it with hair also, but when I played with this one in the water I really liked the way the skirt flairs and pulses with the slightest move.

DC:

Do you pour that slug with regular plastic or the Zman style ElaZtech? If regular, do you salt it? Do you pour with a soft or firm plastic?

My reason for asking? That length and style slug would be perfect for two different types of walleye fishing if it is soft and capable of being soaked in a scent. A gentleman named Zane from Berryville, Arkansas (tiller steer Xpress with 50HP Merc) fishes a very soft handpour that length on a Lindy rig (that is a light C rig for you bass types). He catches walleye and many bass. The other use would be to thread it on a slow death hook or a harness rigged with a slow death. The notion that one pour can be used for three different and effective methods on two species pleases me.

I am making most of my plastic extra soft (not elaztech) and it soaks up scent like crazy. The downside is that extra soft = not very durable. But, by all reports, the fish really seem to like the "jelly-like" softness.