Good Bank Fishing?

jimithyashford

• Members

I used to fish from the Mutton Creek fishing Dock, and it was awesome, especially at night since it was lit and the drew in the crappie. However since they closed it I have not caught any fish in Stockton. I've bass fished around the steep rocks on either side of the bridge that is just past Mutton Creek. I've also found some long sloping beaches and cast catfish bait out off those points and let it sit for hours. I've also tried to cast crappie bait under a bobber out around bridge struts or rocky over hangs trying to get crappie. And I've not even had a bite in either of the two trips I've made this year. Stockton is a long way to drive to keep getting skunked. So I would like to know if anyone can point me to some good spots for bank fishing.

• Members

Back in the time of BB (Before Boat) I fished the boat ramps at night and would catch a lot of catfish on worms, shrimp or crawdads. Would cast a plastic worm on the ramp itself out past where the concrete would drop off and sometimes catch some bass doing that. Fished Cedar Ridge, Masters and high point ramps. Would not set up omn the ramp but beside it. every now and then a boat would come in and give me some fish they had they had decided they didn't want to clean after all.

Never did much bank fishing at Stockton int he daytime, most of my daytime spots were at Pomme De Terre.

"WORK" That annoying time between fishing trips!!!!!