In Case You Were Wondering, It Is Official

rps

I fished down lake of Big M today. I was fishing drop-offs where flats of 28 to 30 feet fell into channels. This meant I was a long way from the bank. It also meant I was an obstruction for the many, many large boats designed to displace large wakes. I had water come in my transom, I fell down twice, and I am thankful I do not easily succumb to motion sickness.

I also had a person in a Phoenix boat with dual doofus extending shallows anchors stop and take my break line buoy. I had to chase him down the lake to get it back. He was nice once I caught him, but who picks up a marker buoy that does not belong to them?

Big M to Campbell Point is ugly on weekends.

Emerald Beach holds many spotted bass. I caught 10 or 12 with two solid keepers. I had one walleye bite and my line parted before I saw the fish. It felt a solid keeper, but not a monster.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fished down lake of Big M today. I was fishing drop-offs where flats of 28 to 30 feet fell into channels. This meant I was a long way from the bank. It also meant I was an obstruction for the many, many large boats designed to displace large wakes. I had water come in my transom, I fell down twice, and I am thankful I do not easily succumb to motion sickness.

I also had a person in a Phoenix boat with dual doofus extending shallows anchors stop and take my break line buoy. I had to chase him down the lake to get it back. He was nice once I caught him, but who picks up a marker buoy that does not belong to them?

Big M to Campbell Point is ugly on weekends.

Emerald Beach holds many spotted bass. I caught 10 or 12 with two solid keepers. I had one walleye bite and my line parted before I saw the fish. It felt a solid keeper, but not a monster.

Agreed, who picks up ANYTHING that doesn't belong to them?

I feel like a doof, but what is Big M?

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

Big M is a marina between Eagle Rock and Campbell point. Between Point 24 and Point 25.

Randy you lost all your marbles over the appliances and trying to end it before the boss gets back... No sane person or wanting to live would have fished that zone on a weekend before mid September earliest.

Then again Yakfm and I fished Beaver last night in the dark and had boats passing us with no lights and plenty come within 50 to 70 feet waking us. These lakes are getting to be stupid.

F&F, you were raised or trained right. I like to think I was too. Where did these untrained idiots come from?

However, I do not intend to let them define or limit me.

Parents who have no clue what a belt is or restriction means.... Instead its time out and and then buy them everything they want so they have no clue what it means to earn something.

Parents who have no clue what a belt is or restriction means.... Instead its time out and and then buy them everything they want so they have no clue what it means to earn something.

Yep, I was backing out of a parking place at the mall the other day and before I could even get it back in drive (and I'm by no means slow at this process) some young P head zoomed between my front bumper and the line of parked cars. The little jerk was with his friends and couldn't wait 2 seconds. He probably missed me by less than a foot.

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

Why would anyone fishing highland reservoirs waste their money on those shallow water "anchor systems?" Oh, wait--I know the answer. :)

Yah, rps, it got pretty wavy out there after 10 a.m. or so yesterday. The fish stopped biting about that time also.