Need Help With Fish Id, Again.

Ham

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is a Chub. Males only have tubercles during the spawn.

There are two types of people. Those who dream dreams and wish, then there are the do'ers. I am a do'er!

• 4 weeks later...

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

Ham,

Where did you catch shadow bass? I have caught rock bass (goggle-eye), Ambloplites rupestris and ozark bass, Ambloplites constellatus. So I would be interested in catching a shadow bass sometime.

Hey John,

Current River. It was dead easy once I fished a flow that had Shadow Bass.

Only 26. My homey caught this beautiful Northern Hog Sucker on a grub. F4025D79-B5E8-4424-ACAF-AF875929D53F_zps. Still pretty jealous. I've caught em before just not this year.

Ham. Were you fishing the Current in Mo or in Arkansas? Are you tracking how many different species you catch in a year? I track every fish that I catch and love to catch new species. I'm up to 86 different freshwater and saltwater fish species over my fishing career. I need to catch the guadeloupe and the Suwannee river bass to finish catching all of the black bass species.

Current in MO. Yes, I had a goal of 52 species this year. It was always going to be very difficult to get there and I have missed on multiple attempts to catch some odd ball stuff. I actually had a Rainbow darter hooked up and lost it before I could get a hand on it. I still think I can get to 40 or so species this year.

I don't know that I've ever done a complete life count of species. I really should.

Check out www.roughfish.com I think it would be right up your alley.

I think they've added another bass species recently. I fished the LLano River and caught smallie/ guad hybrids. There aaren't many full guads left. I'd love to go catch Shoal Bass and Suwannee Bass though.