Arkansas Teal Opener

Feathers and Fins

I couldn't have asked for better, Cold Morning, Hot Coffee, Good Friend and Birds to be had. Managed to get 5 and should have had my limit but had more than enough for a good dinner last night. Today im resting up taking the wife to lunch and then probably kidnapping her for an evening shoot with another hunt with a good buddy tomorrow.

I had a project I started earlier this week as the lake is way down and no cover near the water. We had some trellis from some vines we were trying to grow but they never took off so they were volunteered for repurposing. Tack on some old burlap and a quick trip to hobby lobby and instant very light and portable blinds that work great.

Here is the blind It completely folds for easy transport and storage and they also link together.

post-13044-0-33012700-1410696333.jpg

post-13044-0-88028700-1410696334.jpg

post-13044-0-98645300-1410696330.jpg\

One of the intended uses of the new blind is it perfectly holds birds for pictures, here is 4 of the 5 I think im going to add some lanyard straps to it lol.

post-13044-0-73401600-1410696331.jpg

I like that!!!

I always went the cheaper way with the camo burlap. I always just used local branchs from where ever I was.

I really like the grass you put on there. Where did you get that?? Hobby Lobby??

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

Ya hobby lobby a whopping 40 bucks and I have a bunch more still to add. The furthest teal was 45 feet yesterday so it definitely works and breaks up the wind nicely. Total weight per panel is maybe 5lbs. I think I have a whopping 25 bucks in to each double panel. 3'6 x3'6 panels, quickly makes a two man blind Britt

Ya know, I have threatened to use one of my pop-up blinds.

Chief Grey Bear

If you ever get down to A to Z in Alma, they have a bunch of different camo burlap by the foot in different patterns.

Chief Grey Bear

I was hunting midlake, I know better than to go near War Eagle on opener its a madhouse most years. I want hunting from my boat but it was maybe 150ft away being used as a blocker to another mudflat. Just put up the blind sit back drink coffee and shoot the breeze with Yakfm ( I think I got another convert to waterfowling lol ).

When done put stuff on boat and start trolling, so it was cast and blast. Yak saw why I go with a fast set-up we found some teal working a point and I pulled in around it and in less than 5 minutes was set-up for them ( they never returned though ) but being versatile is the key to success IMO.

I was hunting midlake, I know better than to go near War Eagle on opener its a madhouse most years. I want hunting from my boat but it was maybe 150ft away being used as a blocker to another mudflat. Just put up the blind sit back drink coffee and shoot the breeze with Yakfm ( I think I got another convert to waterfowling lol ).

When done put stuff on boat and start trolling, so it was cast and blast. Yak saw why I go with a fast set-up we found some teal working a point and I pulled in around it and in less than 5 minutes was set-up for them ( they never returned though ) but being versatile is the key to success IMO.

I had a great time on the water with you yesterday Fins. Great fellowship and the live action instruction was priceless. You indeed got another waterfowling convert yesterday.